Sunday, March 6, 2011

Course hair

hey guys so a friend of ours is finding it hard to maintain her hair because its course. here is what she had to say:
"I have HARD maShona-type hair and I've tried everything i can think of to make it softer and less dry than it currently is. 

I want to hear from people who have the same problem what they have used to keep their hair from turning into one big dry mess.

Also what products are everyone using?!"
so guys please let us know what you are using to keep your hair soft:)

7 comments:

  1. personally i use more hairspray than hairfood and it seems to have been working coz when i take my braids out my hair isn't as hard, i use liquid hair or braid spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she needs to moisturize her hair daily.. She may also need a leave in conditioner and oils to seal her hair. I'll refer her to hairlista.com.. They have really great tips on hair growth and retention. I'm hoping to transition to natural hair this year so I've begun to cut off my relaxed hair... :) Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot vivian im even gonna try this method too:) does your natural hair hurt at times or you jus keep it braided? im thinking of cutting my hair soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally i use hair mayonnaise from the organics brand. I live it in overnight with a plastic bag wrapped on my head so that it steams it. I recently tried a hot oil treatment which was just messy, the smell of the oil wasn't great and I wasn't happy with the end result.
    Mayo is the way to go for roughly 3B/C hair....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that problem, esp in winter coz the heating in the house dries out the air therefore drying out my hair. I use aloe vera juice mixed with glycerin and rose water. Its cheap and it works wonders!! then i seal with shea butter :)the trick with our hard core mashona type is moisture moisture moisture... you can never go wrong with pure water even!

    ReplyDelete